SAN FRANCISCO – Chairish Inc., a high-end home décor marketplace, has predicted some styles and trends that will be in demand in 2021.
The site has a diverse inventory, which spans nearly every style and category along with more than four million users. Co-founder and president Anna Brockway said the site’s audience of early-adopting design lovers uniquely positions Chairish to accurately predict next year’s home decorating styles.
The predictions from Chairish include:
- Celery Green – The natural green color will make a comeback on items such as the Casa Cosa Flutter console in dark celery, the Atrium accent table in Timson green, and the Eichholtz Furniture scalloped chair in light green.
- Terracotta – The popularity of the earthy color and texture can be seen on the Sperduti Drum ottoman and the Casa Cosima Perry desk chair in its light terracotta color.
- Soft Touch — Comfort and softness offer respite in difficult times and can be seen in the Kayla Boucle white side chair and the Dmitriy & Co. Alpaca Boucle sofa.
- Geometry Class – Odd angles and distinct shapes bring to mind a geometry class and offer a new perspective with items like the Peter Shire post-modern side table, along with a post-modern tubular lounge chair, and the 1960s stacked marble console table.
- Game Night Essentials – Staying at home during the pandemic has been good news for family name night with items like a mid-century Italian game table, the Oomph backgammon outdoor table in green and the Paul Evans directional backgammon game table.
- Two-Toned – A combination of colors on the same piece of furniture will be more popular according to Chairish and can be seen in items like the mid-century two-tone blue Milo Baughman swivel tub chair, the Jimi sofa in pink and green velvet upholstery and the custom-made velvet multi-color ottoman.